Embellishment

Today is the last day of Matinee Idle on Radio NZ National after 4 weeks (I think) of fantastic afternoon entertainment of songs weird and wonderful. I find myslf laughing out loud, dancing around the house and looking for things to do that keeps me near the radio.
So, today, the last day, I decided to avoid needy jobs and embellish stuff instead.
First up was the pretty rose covered tablecloth found in a second-hand shop on our road trip to Taranaki. The minute I bought it I knew I wanted a red pom-pom trim for the edges.

Next up, the black and white stripe trim for a plain tee-shirt was sewn around in a trice.

I bought this cheap food cover because of the red spotty fabric but didn't like the nylon lace edging it. Rustling through my basket of lace trims produced a couple of metres of white cotton broderie anglaise - on it went.

This photo is for Mutti to see the red Ric-Rac trim that I have sewn on to the beautiful silver grey linen tablecloth that she gave us last year. It was the starting point of our Christmas table decorations and really set everything else off perfectly. It will be treasured for years.




Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch