Tomato Chilli Jam

There are lots and lots of cherry tomatoes growing in our garden so I knew it was time to make Tomato Chilli Jam again. I first blogged about this delicious recipe nearly two years ago. I cut the recipe out of a local newspaper but I think it originally came from a book called Grow It, Cook It by Sally Cameron.

Its really easy to make and absolutely delicious with cheese and well, just about anything really.

Here is the recipe: Makes 4 x 330g jars or 6 smaller ones.
4 fresh red chillies
1 kg cherry tomatoes
1 kg sugar
2 lemons, grated zest and juice.
1 tso sweet paprika
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Deseed and chop chillies - wear disposable food gloves and clean knife and board well after use.
Put tomatoes, sugar, zest and juice in a large heavy based pot.
Bring to boil slowly, stirring and simmer 5 mins.
Stir in chilli, paprika and balsamic vinegar.
Return to rolling boil, stir every so often, for 30 mins.
You can test for setting point here but I don't as the 30 mins seems about right.
Remove from heat, let settle few minutes. I add a small knob of butter to absorb any residual foam.
Ladle into hot sterilised jars and seal - I found these cute jars in a local shop.
Ready to eat when you are!


Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch