The colour plan I started out with soon gave way to squares cut from all my favourite fabrics with a few scraps (lots of memory scraps) thrown in because they needed using. I staggered the cutting out over the last month or so inbetween other stuff going on. I sewed in strips randomly putting in what I wanted but making sure I spread the red around as I figured that would be the dominant colour.
All sewn together and white borders added, ready to sandwich together with the filling and backing. I like to hand quilt in the ditch and for the first time will do this with embroidery thread. I will let you know how I get on at a later date.
I received this lovely book last week for my birthday and was delighted to find this "recipe" for a Vintage Linens Quilt inside and even more delighted to realise it was a pretty close match to the vintage quilt I bought last year at the wonderful Vintage Textile Fair.
Remember to left click on any photo to enlarge.