Springtime at The Farm

Last week I joined a group of friends who were going out to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers to have a set afternoon tea. If you would like to know more about this beautiful Hawkes Bay venue click here - all the information and lots of good photos.


There are a series of "common"rooms for guests to use and as the conservatory had the best views over the Pacific ocean we gathered at one end around the comfy sofas. It was a stunning spring day even though officially spring was due to start the next day.



We choose our individual teas from a varied selection and then waited (not long!) for the incredibly delicious food to arrive.



I can happily tell you that the chocolate maccaroon was mouth wateringly good, followed closely by the smoked salmon sandwiches. I am still thinking about them a few days later.



Another beautiful "common" room.



I took this photo from the comfort of my soft seat while eating my near perfect afternoon tea. I say near perfect because, to me, afternoon tea should include a hot savoury such as a small quiche or mince pie as well as sandwiches. Just a small thing and really did not detract at all from the joy of this highly recommended treat.



Click here to see how Catherine celebrates spring and the gorgeous tea party for two she and her husband shared in their garden.


Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch