Finished

Today I decided, was the day to finish my quilt.Not an obvious thing to do when there are many other needy projects to finish especially with the Craft&Design Market in Havelock North happening this Saturday. See details on the right. I don't use basting pins but prefer to baste my quilt sandwich with a brightly coloured thread. I find this the easiest way as I also prefer not to use a quilting hoop. So, out came the emerald green thread which I rather liked.

Next, I pulled out my collection of leftover or unused binding strips and found I had just enough of my favourite Cath Kidston. It is a blue paisley that Ikea had in stock sbout 10 years ago.

Bound, washed and drying in our sunny Hawkes Bay day. Finished off for five minutes in the dryer to get the "vintage" look I like and its now on our bed. Its the first bed quilt I have actually made for myself and my husband.

Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch