Sweet Mary Goes Public

I have been selling my Sweet Mary lavender hearts through some New Zealand shops ( see left) for a year now and with a little encouragement thought it was high time I faced my public! So I expanded my range and set up, ready for business on the first day of the three day Holly Trail in Havelock North and what fun I had. Can't wait to do it again.
The cushions I made out of antique linen and faded paisley fabric were snapped up and though I was happy that happened I would have also have been very pleased to have taken them home again as they looked rather nice in my bedroom.


Last minute, as you do, I made what are called my "Sleep Hearts" which turned out to be big sellers, in fact I had sold out of them by the second day. They are larger but flatter than the other hearts and tuck nicely betwwen pillow and pillowslip to help you sleep.



I also thought it would be good to make something for the men so I made my "Men Only" sachets filled with lavender, rosemary and cloves. They also sold well and one lady bought two to put in each of her husbands gumboots!





The beautiful Te Mata House was the venue for the fete and lunches - this is early morning of the third day with the stall holders setting up. A blue sky, spring day in the Hawkes Bay.




The view out from the house over vineyards and the empty paddock waiting for cars and people.







Last day, set up (with a few gaps) and surrounded by Sweet Mary treasures. Hanging on the display tree are "Merry Christmas" lavender hearts made with a red/blue stripe back and a hand printed red and white starburst pattern on the front. Unfortunately I could only get a small amount of this fabric so just have twelve hearts left. My notice boards were also good sellers and after good customer feedback, I plan to introduce a children's range soon.
Special thanks to all friends and family who have encouraged me in my Sweet Mary adventure especially my wonderful husband, my mum and my sister-in-law Sharyn. I was lucky to have Nic of Nicolas Daisies helping me on the stall and she has even been inspired to set up her own little business.






Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch