Spring Blossoms

I was writing an email this morning and mentioned the gorgeous view outside my window so decided to put that view up on my blog for everyone to enjoy. There can hardly be a better sight to behold than the early days of spring and the promise of the warm days to come. This tree has the most wonderful shape, spreading out out from the ground from at least a dozen branches and is covered in soft white blooms that open from pale pink buds.
I leaned out the window to get this photo and to let you see the under planting but just missed getting the fluffy baby in the shot who was very busy following a black bird. Just following, thats all.

Recently I fiddled around with these squares of Cath Kidston fabric, vintage lace and red cotton thread. Putting all together with the idea of making a cushion cover - the idea being that it would be my twist on the popular Union Jack cushions on a lot of the English blogs.

I love it! So, this one is for me and I will work on a few more for my Sweet Mary stalls in November. I will use the same squares but in a different format so that I don't have to put a $100 price tag on them! Hopefully they will make good Christmas presents.


Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch