Tea Towel Love

A few weeks ago it was my birthday and as usual I received more beautiful tea towels to add to my collection. Now, if any of the givers are reading this and thinking I am having a bit of a moan - I'm not. I am lucky to be given these little beauties, each one is joyfully received. I never buy beautiful tea towels for myself so am delighted to be given them. One in particular from my friend Nic just needed to be remade into something else.

I unpicked all the seams and added rik-rak, sewing it on between the red lines that frame the profusion of flowers.

A thick linen type fabric for the back. I edged the opening in my cream linen bias tape that I bought from here. Then tied the back together with more rik-rak.


I know it looks like a not very well filled pillowcase (it is!) but there is a method in my madness. I could use it on my bed but think I will try it on the sofa for a while. Sometimes its nice to curl up and cushions are just not the right shape for this sort of relaxing.


Two fabulous and eagerly awaited packages arrived in the mail today. One was a birthday package from Hazel and the other was this little lot of fabric from Anna Maria Horner. The fabric is cotton voile and I am not really sure what I am going to make with it but no fear, something will be made. Its just gorgeous.
Back to sorting, avoiding and maybe packing a bit.




Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch