New Post for a New Year

I am easing in slowly to this new year of 2011- hope its a good one for you all. Since my last post before Christmas my time has been spent totally immersed in family time. We had visitors for Christmas including our daughter as the BIG bonus, home, just in time for the 25th. All the way from London but via Manchester to make sure she got a flight out of the UK after terrible weather had closed Heathrow airport. After the initial flurry and excitement we have settled into mooching about quite happily. Lots of baking has been done and as I write this I am awaiting home baked bread from the oven. Since leaving home and coming back again our daughter has surprisingly turned into quite an impressive cook.
The above photo was taken a few days ago at the end of a very hot day - I think the temperature hit 33 celcius. A nearly finished bottle of home-made elderflower cordial, plums just bought from the local organic roadside stall, an empty punnet of strawberries, the last of the sweet peas, prawns defrosting for paella and plum muffins cooling.
A picture of our lazy summer day.

Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch