Sunny Winter's Day

This morning we had a frosty start that has turned into a beautiful sunny Hawke's Bay day. Something in the air sent me into a frenzy of washing. These new fabrics are from Tone Finnanger's Tilda range and you can buy them here. I am not sure what I will use them for yet but that is always how I operate, buy the fabric first, look at it for ages then decide how I will use it.

I have finally finished covering most of the garden with a layer of peahay/lucerne mix. Its an excellent soil conditioner and as I was unsure how often the soil had been fed in the past I thought it would be a good idea to lay it down. The above bed has a lot of clay so I am adding as much mulch and feed as I can get my hands on in the hope that I will have more success with my cottage garden look this spring and summer.

This vegetable bed will also need an overhaul in the spring but over this winter has been producing a nice range of herbs, lettuce, chard and cavelo nero to keep the two of us happy and healthy.




Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch