Thinking ahead ...

If all goes well these gorgeously pink bags should be brimming with strawberries come summer and especially bountiful for the Christmas table. After dreaming about the trailing harvest to come I decided to raise the bags well off the ground so have sat them on the old day bed. Just what it was made for! Come to think of it, the day bed shape will be handy when I have to net the strawbs from the birds.My husband thinks the bags are a "bit pink" but I have convinced him that the pink will look pretty peeping out from underneath the greenery to come.


There were three strawberry plant choices at the garden centre and after reading the decriptions I settled for Supreme which apparently like fairly tight packing which is just what they have got.

Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch