Easter Sunday Outing


Thanks everyone who came along to the market on Saturday, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day for me and especially good to say hello to past stall visitors who have rediscovered me now that I am happily ensconced back at the market. My haberdashery box is a big hit for fossicking through buttons, ribbons, lace etc. This afternoon I have packaged up my latest button finds and will soon do the same with the extra wide bias binding I came across this morning.
The next day after the market, Easter Sunday, I packed up an all day grazing picnic box and my honey and I left home early for a day out. Our aim was to visit the Central Hawke's Bay beaches south of the two beautiful ones that we have near us in Havelock North. First stop though was the cute little market held every Sunday in Otane, its a mixture of food stalls and second-hand goods and good for a mooch around. My favourite seller of bio-dynamically grown fruit and vegetable was there and also Kahikatea Farm seedlings. I couldn't resist the punnets of pink and white stock as I love the look and smell of these beautiful flowers, which I am told you can eat in salads. At least that is what I think the lady said!
Coincidentally this is where I bought a lovely stash of colourful buttons.
We moved on to Waipawa to visit the CHB Settlers Museum for a quick but informative looksee.
After a much needed coffee it was time for the big beach tour. Starting with Porangahau we meandered north keeping close to the coast on mainly sealed roads visiting five in total and arriving back home, weary but smiling at 6pm. The above photo (double click on it to see the photo in all its glory) was taken on the way in to one of these beaches but I just can't remember which one - we did stop alot, picking up pine cones, eating, drinking and generally acting like tourists. It was a wonderful day and one we plan to repeat more often, exploring different places each time. Its a pretty cool country we live in, New Zealand.

Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch