Cupcake Love

Last night I watched Nigella cook cupcakes on television. She cooked vanilla ones topped with royal icing and cute edible flowers. They did look very beautiful - I thought about those cupcakes all night off and on. I used to bake a lot when our children lived mainly with us, now they mainly live mainly in Wellington, I don't bake so often.
So...this morning I wanted to make cupcakes and make them I did. Our oven is a little fierce so even though the recipe said 15-20 minutes the poor things were over cooked at 10 mins. Never mind, they taste delicious and hubby and I will get to eat them every day this week. Coffee cupcakes anyone?

Recipe:

125g self-raising flour
125g soft butter
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaped tablespoon instant coffee
2-3 tablespoons milk

Heat oven to 200 C/ Gas 6

Put all ingredients except milk in food processor and blitz to combine. Pulse again, adding milk to get soft, dropping consistency. Spoon into a 12-bun muffin tin lined with paper cases.
Bake for 10-20 mins depending on your oven. Leave to cool then ice.
I didn't have the right icing ingredients so just melted a 100g bar of Lindt milk chocolate with a knob of butter and dolloped that on top of the cupcakes. Top with cute edible flowers or walnuts from own tree in garden.

Thank you Nigella x

PS - hello to Fay - I know how much you love coffee cakes!

Popular posts from this blog

Lavender Life

Lavender

Ginger Crunch